Tuesday, March 24, 2015

March Birchbox

Hello all and happy Tuesday! Glad that everyone survived Monday!!! Today I have for you my monthly Birchbox product review. I just signed up for Birchbox and this is actually the first one I have gotten in and I am definitely already in love! If you have never heard of it, Birchbox ships out once a month ($10 flat rate) and contains samples of five different makeup/beauty products. Your samples are based off of a questionnaire you fill out when signing up to determine what products are best for you. You can also buy full sized products on the website, many of which are exclusive to Birchbox. Points are also accumulated with every purchase (1 point for every $1 spent), and once you get 100 points you can redeem it for $10 on the website! Pretty awesome! 

Now for the goods. I am going to start with my least favorite product and end with my favorite!




First up is Brightenup! by Vasanti Cosmetics. This product is supposed to mimic microdermabrasion and leave you with smoother skin. Suggested usage is 3-5 times a week. I will 100% say that this product delivered on what it was supposed to do. My face definitely felt smoother and all around better after using this. The problem was it just hurt my face - plain and simple. It's a rough product and is much like scrub. How it felt while I was using it was enough for me not to order this product in a full size. I'll definitely finish out the rest of my sample, though! 



Next is Hello by Harvey Prince. This is described as a perfume with a mixture of citrus and floral notes. It's definitely not a scent I would choose for myself. It is very light, though, so I have been wearing it since I got my box. It doesn't smell bad by any means. It's just not something I would usually choose, but I'll finish it off!



Next is Peace Be Still by Templespa. This is a calming face and body balm. I actually really liked this product! It has a very light scent (I usually go for fruitier smells from Bath & Body Works), but it works like a charm! I have been using it on my hands every morning before work and they feel moisturized all day! I haven't once felt like I needed to reapply lotion throughout the day at all. This one is definitely recommended!



Now I have Jelly Pong Pong Glow Getter, which is a luminizing gel. This basically comes in a nail polish bottle and it is suggested that you dab it on your cheeks and eyebrow bones for a nice glow. I absolutely love it! I still use a little blush and dab this right over it, and I have a nice shimmery, sunkissed glow! I think the sample will last me a while, but I will most likely be purchasing a full size when I run out. 



And last, but not least is my favorite sample...Beauty Protector. This baby provides heat protection for your hair, smooths hair, detangles, and is a leave-in conditioner. Oh yeah, and it smells AMAZING! The best way I can describe the smell is vanilla. I have been using Pureology 21, which I still love, but will most likely be swapping over to this product. That's mainly because this one is less expensive...and did I mention it smells like vanilla?! I can literally smell it throughout the day. It's a nice, light scent. You will love it!



Overall, I am extremely pleased with my first Birchbox. Were all the products for me? No. But I'm always up for trying new things and they were truly all good products. I just can't wait for my box next month! If you'd like to sign up you can go here!

No comments:

Post a Comment