Saturday, December 15, 2012

Nails for Newton + Expecto Patronum

Hey everyone. Today, I am blogging with a heavy heart like many of you. I honestly wasn't planning on swatching or blogging this weekend due to being so overwhelmed with other things. However, the blogging community has decided to all wear white manis today in honor of the victims from the tragedy in CT yesterday. I honestly can't even imagine what that community and the families of the victims are going through. Burying a child is nothing a parent should ever have to do and I am absolutely disgusted by this horrific event. It is so important now that we all send our thoughts and prayers to Newtown, so they know that they are not alone. We are here to help and support them through this trying time. 

I have chosen to wear Dollish Polish Expecto Patronum for Nails for Newtown. If you don't know, Expecto Patronum is a patronus charm from Harry Potter. This charm conjures up positive feelings of the caster and also acts as a protector against Dementors. In many ways the employees of this school acted as a patronus for the precious children. Many of them standing up to the gunman and dying to save their students. Not only is this a beautiful and heavenly looking polish, but I thought the name went well with this situation. The entire community of Newtown needs as many positive feelings sent their way as possible. I also pray in the future that this town and all of the other towns and cities of the US are protected from any more tragic events such as this. I pray everyone in Newtown can eventually be able to find peace in knowing that their babies are now in Heaven and really are resting peacefully. 







Also, I will be selecting the winner of my giveaway tomorrow. I was planning on doing that today, but in light of everything that is going on, I felt like this was more important.



No comments:

Post a Comment