Thursday, September 20, 2012

Nubar Indigo Illusion vs. Spolied Paying With Platinum

Hey all! Happy, happy Thursday! It's almost the end of the week! Wooooooooo! Bet you can't tell that I'm excited! So, today I have for you a special post - it's my first polish comparison. As of right now, I don't really have too many polishes that are extremely close in color because I have just started accumulating my collection within the last few months. However, one of my favorite polishes that I have is Nubar Indigo Illusion. It is such a pretty and unique polish! Well, I was it CVS the other day and I happened to spot Spoiled Paying With Platinum and I thought it looked very similar to Indigo Illusion, so I decided to grab it and see!

After I had applied both of them, I could definitely tell they were not alike at all! I usually use two coats of II and I'm good to go, but for the purpose of consistency in these photos, I layered both polishes over a purple base coat. This is due to PWP being SO sheer! I just couldn't believe it when I put it on! It probably would have taken me a good five coats to get it opaque. Not to mention, the polish was so thin and the brush is huge, so of course I had application problems. Also, PWP took forever to dry! It took so long that I couldn't even wait until it was dry to take these pics!





As you can see in the photos, Indigo Illusion has a lot more going on. Paying With Platinum pretty much just looked purple over the base coat, although is it a little duochromey. Overall, I really did not like PWP and II surpasses it by far. I do have some other Spoiled polishes, and they're not all bad. You can get them at CVS for $1.99, so they're really reasonably priced.

No comments:

Post a Comment