Saturday, September 8, 2012

Game Day Mani # 2

Happy Saturday everyone! Today I have my second game day mani for y'all. This is definitely a bittersweet manicure because my Knights had a huge game today and they lost, so I am a little sad right now. :o( But, win or lose, the Knights are my team to the end! 

Today I did a half moon manicure to show my school spirit! I used one base coat of FingerPaints Black Expressionism and then topped it off with two coats of Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold from the metallic collection. Now, this is the first time I used this FingerPaints color, but I really liked it. It was easy to get great coverage with the one coat. As for the color show polish, I didn't love it. It dried a little streaky and had some bubbles. I definitely will be using this as a stamping polish going forward. The first two photos are outside in the shade, because it was super cloudy and rainy today.



These next two photos were taken outside with the flash on. 



So what do y'all think?? I used paper hole reinforcements to do this manicure. It was, overall, pretty easy. I did have an issue getting the lines perfectly smooth because the metallic polish dried much faster than I anticipated. If I waited too long to pull the paper hole reinforcements off my nails, the gold polish pulled a bit and messed up my pretty lines. :o/ I still think it looks pretty good for my first try, though! If you're interested in buying Color Show polishes, I have seen them at Walmart and Rite Aid and they are $2.99 each!

No comments:

Post a Comment